A vacancy has arisen for an Employment Training Officer (Full time - Temporary Contract) in South Dublin County Partnership.
South Dublin County (SDC) Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so, and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged communities. This is achieved through the development and delivery of a range of programmes within Education, Employment Training Supports, Work and Job Placements, Enterprise Initiatives, Early Childhood Services and Community Development. SDC Partnership currently employs over 100 core staff and 400 placement workers and operates across multiple sites throughout South County Dublin.
Role purpose: Working within the SICAP Enterprise and Employment team, the post holder will support disadvantaged individuals to improve the quality of their lives through the provision of employment training supports.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Enterprise and Employment
- Build a caseload number of clients who are long-term unemployed and in need of pre employment training support
- Facilitate each unemployed person on caseload, to develop an individualised career path plan in line with agreed programme targets
- Ensure agreed monthly case load targets are met in full, taking immediate action where there is risk or short fall on delivery of targets
- Co ordinate and support the delivery of a pre agreed schedule of employment training programmes and workshops (both accredited and non-accredited), ensuring client participation and completion rates are in line with agreed targets.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the wider enterprise and employment team to share information on programme updates and to ensure the integration of programmes and supports across the wider team.
- Maintain a complete record of all individual client data on your case load including interventions, outputs and deliverables within the required CRM system/s
- As required support with programme evaluation and auditing within your area of work
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information in line with organisational policy and GDPR requirements
- Input into reports and plans pertinent to the work of the SICAP enterprise and employment team and as required by the Senior Management, Enterprise and Employment.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the role as and when required
- Carry out any other relevant tasks as assigned from time to time by the Senior Manager – Enterprise and Employment
Person specific criteria
- Experience developing, delivering and co-ordinating employment training programmes is essential
- A proven track record of delivering one to one supports to individuals who are distant from the labour market
- Possess empathy and understanding of the issues and barriers faced by marginalised individuals and those who are long term unemployed
- A good knowledge of key stakeholders and a track record in stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrate a good understanding of SICAP and /or similar programmes
- Experience of working within tight budget parameters
- Have a working knowledge of programme evaluation tools e.g. the Logic model and a track record in preparing programme reports in your area of work
- Show the ability to work as part of a team and a track record of working collaboratively across a range of functional areas within a larger organisation
- Third level qualification in a relevant area is desirable
Please note that this role will require the post holder to have a full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Salary for the position will be based on the Project Worker pay scale.
Applications by post only
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question.
Please send three copies of your up to date CV and cover letter to:
Human Resource Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Mark your application Employment Training Officer
Please provide the names, address, occupation and contact details of two referees. (Contact will not be made without prior permission from you). Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
Closing date for receipt of applications is no later than 12 noon Friday 18th January 2019.
Late applications will not be accepted.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer