NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Counselling Coordinator
Reporting To: Clinical Manager
Days and Times:
- Wednesday: 5pm – 9.30pm
- Thursday: 5pm – 9.30pm
1. JOB PURPOSE:
Living Life Counselling are seeking an accredited counsellor with the following recognised professional bodies e.g. IAHIP, IACP or equivalent to provide support to our growing team of volunteer counsellors who are a mix of qualified, accredited and trainee counsellors. Within this role you will have the responsibility to support our volunteers with the compliance and understanding of agency policy, practice and procedures. You are responsible for the intake of potential new clients and assessment as to their suitability for counselling within our service. You will be one of the first points of contact for our clients and to this affect you must be informed on the nature of our business and the services we offer.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Working with Volunteers:
- Provide support to counsellors in the Centres
- Participate in the orientation and training of new volunteer counsellors
- Ensure that volunteers are supported in their understanding of agency policy, procedure and practise eg; stats/donations/diary sheets/late cancellations/holidays etc….
- Conduct probationary, annual and exit review meetings with volunteer counsellors
Working with Clients:
- Conduct individual face to face appointments for initial assessments of potential clients, carry out impromptu/emergency initials when necessary
- Placement and matching of new clients with counsellors
- Liaise with relevant third party agents in relation to client care and referrals
- Support the Clinical Manager in ensuring a quality service for clients
- Conduct confidential correspondence with clients and relevant third parties
- Update the client database on a weekly and monthly basis with client related information
- Assist management in developing the Service in areas such as policy development
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by management
3. REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THIS POST:
The successful candidate will be an accredited counsellor/psychotherapist. He/she will comply with the ethical standards of the centre and their accrediting body. The successful candidate will have excellent assessment and report writing skills. He/she will adhere to agency policy with regards to confidentiality and will need excellent communication skills and sound judgement.
4. REQUIREMENTS EXPECTED OF ALL LIVING LIFE STAFF:
- Demonstrate a sound work ethic, support the mission of the Living Life Counselling and have the ability to work within its values, policies and procedures
- To be aware of and sensitive to the needs of clients from disadvantaged backgrounds
- To undertake work in a manner that is friendly, flexible, courteous and respectful
- To be discreet and aware of issues of privacy and confidentiality
- To be a team member and to participate in the efficient flow of information to all work colleagues
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to the hours of attendance and to cover for absent staff members when necessary
- To contribute as appropriate to the development of policy and procedures within the area of expertise of the position
- To actively participate in staff meetings
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace.
To apply for a position, please forward your letter of application with your CV to: Anne O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Wednesday 16th January 2019.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this job category. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.