In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service delivery.
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Up to 30 Days Annual leave
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
Director of Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious leader with strong management experience. The Director of Operations will provide leadership and management support in the development and delivery of a range of services underpinned by our core values and Gheel’s overall strategy.
Reporting Relationships: The Director of Operations reports directly to the CEO.
Direct Reports: The following staff report directly to the Director of Operations:
- Regional Managers (Persons in Charge)
Key Duties of the Director of Services:
- Ensure that the provision of a high standard of care and service to the service users and families in Gheel consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategic plan
- Support the development and communication of the Strategy, Vision and Strategic Development within Gheel Autism Services
- Support the Financial Controller to locate and secure various sources of funding to enable Gheel Autism Services to operate successfully within budget allocations.
- Support HR department by taking the lead in managing and implementing Gheel services employment policies and practices
- Undertake the role and responsibility of the Provider Nominee, as outlined in the Health Act
- Encourage recognition of the service user as an individual; ensuring service users’ needs and availability of opportunities are given priority
- Oversee the organisation and management of the service provision
- Take a lead on operational and service development for Gheel
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Appropriate qualification for the sector
- Management qualification at degree level
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- High proficiency in the use of MS Office suite and the use of a risk management system such as Q Pulse
- Full, clean, driving licence for the purpose of travelling for work purposes
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the social care sector at management level
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the autism/intellectual disability sector
Essential Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health Act, 2007 Regulations and any standards or government publications on the provision for day and residential services in the autism/ Disability sector
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and clinical practice together with future trends in people with autism
- Show evidence of current legislative policies pertinent to people with autism/ intellectual disability
To apply please submit a CV and a detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and experience within the sector and how you meet the essential criteria for this position to email@example.com.
Further shortlisting may apply. The closing date for this competition is Friday, 25th of January at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place on the week commencing Monday 4th of February 2019.
A job description for the Director of Operations position is available by contacting HR on 01 629 1596.
Informal enquiries to Mr. Paudie Galvin, Interim CEO, on 01 6291596 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garda Vetting is a requirement of the recruitment procedure. Salary will be commensurate with experience.