NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Edenmore Drug Intervention Team (EDIT) is a community drug and alcohol project that provides support for young people, adults and families who are at risk of, and who are affected by problem substance use and its associated issues.
Our key priorities for 2019 is to focus on developing our existing services and offering the highest standards of service delivery to meet the changing needs of the community.
We are now seeking to recruit the following positions to develop our existing youth services and engage with young people aged 14-21years. The service works with young people who are at risk of, or who are currently engaged in substance use. We also offer substance free aftercare support. Evening work is an essential aspect of both positions.
1 Full Time Substance Use Counsellor (35 hours per week – Fixed Term Contract)
HSE Substance Misuse Counsellor Scale (€37,037 - €41,073)
Professional qualification in Counselling / Psychotherapy to a minimum level 8 (as per the National Framework of Qualifications) and to be accredited with IAAAC, IACP or equivalent body.
1 Part Time Substance Use Youth Worker (28 hours per week – Fixed Term Contract)
HSE Project Worker Scale point 1- €34,309 (pro-rata)
Minimum of a level 7 diploma in Community Drugs Work, Addiction Studies, Youth Work or related field.
Essential: Both candidates will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years paid experience (post qualification) of direct work in addiction. Ideally, with the target group (14-21 years).
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of adolescent substance users and to have the knowledge of addiction services and related adolescent services in the region and nationally.
- Have clear competence in working with adolescents and families involved in substance misuse.
- Other essential criteria as laid out in the job description
- Full clean driving licence is essential