NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
RIALTO community drug team
Project Worker with responsibility for Family Support and Drop-in Service
Part-Time (30 hours per week) 3 month contract to cover extended sick leave (expecting a 6 month term extendable monthly)
- Support Family support actions of the RCDT including the Systemic Family Therapists
- Support families with their care plan and advocate on their behalf
- To refer families to appropriate services
- Participate in Meitheal or other case meeting in support of children and families
- To outreach families identified by the weekly work plan, including street and hospital
- To encourage, promote and provide a caring safe, welcoming and non –judgmental environment for children, parents and other service users.
- To maintain and keep up to date paper and electronic records (eCASS/Salesforce)
- Network with statutory and non-statutory agencies on behalf of service users
- Represent RCDT on local agencies working groups as agreed with the Team Leader
- Assist in RCDT’s drop-in service
- Provide a welcoming, empathetic and supportive service to all service users
- Facilitate or co-facilitate groups in repose to identified need when required
- Where time permits work with the Drop-in co-ordinator to develop creative responses to needs of service users.
- Meet regularly for supervision with the Team Leader
- Attend to any other duties as requested
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- A minimum diploma qualification in Social or related Studies
- Experience in addiction related agencies
Applicants must have the following:
- A clear understanding and knowledge of addiction and how it impacts families
- Relevant qualifications and experience of working in the field of addiction
- Must have at least 2 years paid experience of working within the addiction or related services.
References and willingness to undergo Garda vetting is required by RCDT.
If interested please submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 5pm Monday 14th January 2019
Interviews will take place the last week of January 2019.
Note: Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify.
This project is funded by Health Service Executive / Canals Community Local Drugs and Alcohol Task Force
Rialto Community Drug Team is an equal opportunities employer
Rialto Community Drug Team
St. Andrew’s Community Centre
468 St. Circular Road
Rialto, Dublin 8.