NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to work directly with service users as part of a team to ensure that the provision of accommodation services operate effectively and to the highest standards within Dublin Simon Community. Meeting the needs of service users on a day to day basis, the role will involve facilitating and implementing service user participation initiatives.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the service users to achieve their goals by providing support to the Project Workers through following up on support plan actions.
- Providing care interventions, daily living skills support and accompany service users to appointments.
- Delivering the Personal and Professional Development programme.
- Running the Social Programme.
- Supporting the manager in the implementation of the strategic and operational action objectives. Taking responsibility for developing and implementing strategic and operational goals.
- Ensuring that the Health, Safety and Welfare of service users are prioritized at all times within services.
- Ensuring the continuity of service provision in housing services, to include handovers, diary, incident reports etc.
We are looking for an individual with a recognized third level qualification to at least diploma level in a relevant discipline, with at least 2 years previous working experience in a social care setting.
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness and provides services at all stages of homelessness to enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Dublin Simon Community has been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
What We Promise
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Dynamic & Varied Role
- Diverse Work Environment
Apply for the position
Application due date: 20/01/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800