Hours: Part time and full time positions available
Location: Carlow/Wicklow area
Salary: based on experience
A young man with a physical and intellectual disability is looking for Personal Assistants to support him in his day to day activities. We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people, who are self-motivated to support him in his home and to attend different social events and activities. An excellent opportunity to support him to lead an independent life that is suited to his needs and opportunities.
There are great opportunities for training and development within this role.
- Assistance with personal care and domestic needs
- Assistance to activities and other such programmes
- Social Activities
- FETAC Level 5 in Social Care or caring industry or equivalent experience
- An understanding of disability and the Independent Living movement
- Sociable and a good sense of humour
- Enthusiastic and reliable
- Patient moving and Handling experience
- Must be available to attend mandatory training sessions
- Ability to follow instruction
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Garda Vetting must be completed. References to be provided on headed paper.
If interested please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description available on request