NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Offaly Traveller Movement (OTM) is a Traveller-led community development organisation, working to address issues facing Travellers in the region including, health, accommodation, youth, education, cultural and ethnic identity and human rights.
Offaly Traveller Movement in partnership with the National Traveller Counselling Service are in the process of developing a culturally inclusive counselling service specifically for the Traveller community in Co Offaly. This service is in the initial stages of development and we are working together to ensure it becomes an established part of the services available to Travellers locally. We are now seeking an experienced accredited Counsellor who would like to be part of this important initiative.
The Counsellor will operate from two locations in Offaly on a bi-weekly basis, Birr and Tullamore and will work three hours per week in each of these locations. Group supervision will be provided by the National Traveller Counselling Service on a regular basis, however the counsellor will be expected to have their own individual supervision in place. There will be a manager on hand to offer support with any issues that might arise. Counsellors will be paid €50 euro per session.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with individuals and families
- Build a relationship of trust and respect with clients
- Keep confidential records
- Keep updated with best practice and procedures.
- Take responsibility for one’s own ongoing continued professional development.
- Participate in training days provided by the service
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Be a fully accredited counsellor with IACP, APCP or equivalent body.
- Have the capacity to work on own initiative
- Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience of working with clients experiencing crisis.
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and committed.
- Liaise with other agencies and professionals as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times
- Be culturally sensitive to our clients.
- Have good IT skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Have a full clean driver’s licence and access to a car
- A good knowledge of Traveller culture and issues
- Experience of working with disadvantaged and marginalised groups.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Note: This position is subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter to the Managing Director at: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th January 2019 at 5pm
Applications by e-mail only and by the date and time above. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place on Friday 1st February 2019
The position is subject to ongoing funding
OTM is an equal opportunities employer