NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
SICAP Outreach Community Development Worker
County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG is a Local Development Company that delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.
County Wicklow Partnership has recently been awarded the contract to deliver the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 by the Wicklow Local Community Development Committee for the municipal districts of Baltinglass, Wicklow and Arklow. SICAP 2018-2022 aims to reduce poverty and promote social inclusion and equality in Ireland through supporting communities and individuals using community development approaches, engagement and collaboration.
To this end, County Wicklow Partnership wishes to appoint an Outreach Community Development Worker to operationalise the successful delivery of the SICAP programme across the three municipal districts as outlined above as well as directly deliver key elements of the community development aspects of the programme.
The duties of the Outreach Community Development Worker will include:
- Establishing initial contact with individuals and groups in a number of local community settings across County Wicklow
- Supporting local communities to engage in collective action and form / re-establish local community groups
- Referral of individuals interested in SICAP services to CWP colleagues
- Supporting local community groups to develop projects to address needs in disadvantaged areas
- Linking local community groups to supports including local and national funding sources and education / training services
- Organising and delivering supports and training to Local Community Groups for example organisational skills training, governance training, awareness raising workshops and leadership training courses
- Coordinating and delivering pre-developed training programmes for a specific cohort of individuals in local communities e.g. parenting training courses, youth training programme
It is desirable that the applicant hold a relevant qualification in some or any of the following-: Community Development, Youth Work, Social Sciences, Education or a related field. Where an applicant does not have a relevant qualification s/he must demonstrate substantial experience, knowledge and ability in relation to the position on offer.
The position is for an initial one year contract in a half post position [0.5 WTE] with a pro-rata salary. Short-listing of candidates may apply. A panel may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Applications by post only to:
Eibhlis Forde, ‘Private & Confidential Outreach Community Development Worker’, County Wicklow Community Partnership, 3RD Floor, Avoca River House, Arklow, Co. Wicklow. For a full job description please see the News section of our website: www.wicklowpartnership.ie.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 18th January 2019.
Canvassing in any form will disqualify
County Wicklow Partnership is an equal opportunities employer