NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Development Worker with the East Coast Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force
County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG (CWP) is a Local Development Company that delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.
County Wicklow Partnership has recently been awarded the tender to host, support and line manage a Development Worker on behalf of the East Coast Regional Drug and Alcohol Taskforce (ECRDATF).
The Development Worker will play a pivotal role in supporting the ECRDATF fulfilling the aims and objectives as outlined in its Strategic Plan and in line with the actions identified in the National Drugs Strategy (Reducing Harm Supporting Recovery 2017-2024). A comprehensive work plan will be developed by the development worker in collaboration with the supervisory working group comprised of a representative(s) from ECRDATF and CWP.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3rd level qualification in related work such as Addiction Studies, Community Development, Health Promotion/Education, Health and Social Care, or similar (minimum level 7 on the National Framework).
- At least 5 years’ experience in Community Sector Project Work voluntary or paid;
- Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers;
- Proven track record in facilitation of social inclusion target groups;
- Experience in writing clear and precise reports;
- Experience in fund raising and applying for funding;
- Experience of working with persons with problematic drug use in a community setting
- An in-depth understanding of social inclusion theory and practice:
- The proven ability to carry out a community needs analysis;
- Experience of working with individuals in a community setting. The proven ability to carry out outreach in a community setting and understanding of same.
The position is for an initial one year contract in a half post position [0.5 WTE] with a pro-rata salary. Continuation of the position is subject to funding. The successful candidate is required to serve a probationary six month period. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Short-listing of candidates may apply. A panel may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Applications by post only to:
Eibhlis Forde, ‘Private & Confidential ECRDATF Development Worker’, County Wicklow Community Partnership, 3RD Floor, Avoca River House, Arklow, Co. Wicklow. For a full job description please see the News section of our website: www.wicklowpartnership.ie.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 18th January 2019.
Canvassing in any form will disqualify
County Wicklow Partnership is an equal opportunities employer