Youth Ministry Vacancy
(12 month fixed-term fulltime contract)
The Diocese of Limerick is a Catholic community of sixty parishes living and working together in service of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Its geographical area comprises the greater part of County Limerick, part of County Clare and one townland in County Kerry. Eighteen of its parishes are located in the Limerick metropolitan area and environs. Services include the co-ordination and support of ministry, diocesan archives, pastoral supports, youth ministry, schools advisory services and safeguarding across the Diocese in a changing environment.
The successful candidate will work as part of a two-person team to deliver on the objectives and actions of the Young People theme in the Diocesan Pastoral Plan.
The role will involve the creation, resourcing, delivery and support of youth ministry programmes and initiatives across the Diocese, working also with schools and parishes with a focus on building capacity in the local context.
- Relevant qualification and a minimum of five years practical experience in Catechetics, religious education, youth work or youth ministry
- Proven ability in working effectively and relating well to young people
- Demonstrated skills and experience in training and facilitation
- Ability to recruit, support and enable volunteers to work effectively with young people
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to develop, compile, deliver and evaluate training programmes
- Familiarity with current and emerging directions in Youth Ministry
- Openness to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders within and outside of the Diocese
- A commitment to personal faith development and promotion of Gospel values
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Full clean driving licence and own transport
- Flexible attitude and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as the work requires
- Openness and flexibility to adapt Youth Ministry programmes and activities to meet the changing needs of young people and the Diocese
- This role will involve a significant amount of evening, weekend and overnight work in support of training, residential and pilgrimage programmes
- Respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church
Please see Application Pack attached below.
Completed application form to be returned via post or electronic mail to:
Recruitment, Diocese of Limerick, Diocesan Centre, St. Munchin’s, Corbally, Limerick or email: email@example.com by the deadline of 12.00 noon on Friday, January 25th 2019.
Shortlisting will apply.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications/experience.
A panel may be formed from the recruitment process that will expire after 1 year. Garda Vetting will apply in respect of this position.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered