Our Mission: To deliver a range of personalised services, encourage engagement in communities and champion improved social policies for older people.
ALONE is a national organisation that supports older people to age at home. We work with people over the age of 60 to provide and coordinate access to any services they need. ALONE creates unique solutions for each older person working in partnership with all services, friends and family, giving them options for the type of support that’s best for them, regardless of their situation. Supported by volunteers, we offer a range of services including: Befriending, Housing with Support, Support Coordination, and Technology.
About the role
We want to provide a high performing workplace for staff and managers. You will support strategic and operational Human Resources and Organisational Development initiatives and work closely with the Senior Management Team. Promote client focused, quality-driven service delivery and manage complex HR issues. The role is a hybrid of human resources and organisational development management.
- Provide HR infrastructure consistent with our values of compassion, honesty, effective and innovative.
- Implement and oversee our HR service delivery model which is aligned with our mission.
- Oversee and implement a contemporary talent acquisition and workforce planning model.
- Continuously review and develop induction and on-boarding programmes.
- Deliver learning and training for all staff to ensure we are building the capacity required by older people.
- Manage our compensation and benefits programme.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures continuously evolve.
- Lead the continuous improvement and development of HR systems.
- Ensure we have a fit for purpose health and safety environment protecting staff well-being.
- Promote a collaborative an inclusive Employee Relations model based on due process for all staff and managers.
- Embed staff engagement and facilitate staff and managers in creating a good working environment.
- Coach, mentor, support and provide advice to staff on a regular basis to ensure consistency and good practice.
- Ensure employee records are retained in accordance with all applicable data protection, privacy and security laws.
- Provide leadership in promoting equality of opportunity and respect for all.
- Design and implement leadership, management development and talent management strategies to ensure effective succession planning.
Sponsor the culture of knowledge, learning and continuous improvement. Manage quality and best practice. Provide leadership and guidance within teams. Take on other duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
Your background and skills
HR and/or organisational development experience in an ambitious organisation. Application of good HR practice and employment law. Ability to present written and verbal reports. Capacity to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities. You’ll be determined and dedicated. You’ll have the ability to drive change and improvements, and shape a high-performing culture. You’re committed to making a mark on an organisation that is ambitious. You’ll be key in developing a culture and work environment where all colleagues thrive. Team player. Patient. Able to deal with ambiguity. You can manage and bridge the gap between limited resources and unlimited ambition.
The role is based at our head offices at Pleasant Street, Dublin 8 and reports to the Head of Operations. Some travel is required. Role will require use of car for business purposes. The role is 35 hours per week (some additional hours may be necessary) and we operate a flexible working system. The salary range is €40,000 to €50,000 with 22 days annual leave and pension scheme. Please send your CV and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st January 2019.
This job description has been updated as of November 2018. The hours, location and other aspects of the role are subject to change. The list of responsibilities and tasks are not exhaustive.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our website at www.alone.ie