ALONE is a national organisation that supports older people to age at home. We work with people over the age of 60 to provide and coordinate access to any services they need. ALONE creates unique solutions for each older person working in partnership with all services, friends and family, giving them options for the type of support that’s best for them, regardless of their situation. Supported by volunteers, we offer a range of services including: Befriending, Housing with Support, Support Coordination, and Technology.
- Lead and manage fundraising programmes and projects, covering all aspects of the donor communication cycle e.g. donor acquisition, donor stewardship and donor reactivation.
- Drive the delivery of the corporate/grant fundraising strategy.
- Drive the development and management of legacy fundraising strategy.
- Develop and lead on new Community based fundraising activity.
- Manage any new activity for individual/regular giving/major donor fundraising.
- Manage and develop new and existing donor relationships including high net worth donor relationships.
- Investigate new or alternative funding sources and develop activity accordingly.
- Develop, manage and retain the corporate partnerships. Prospect and present to potential corporate partners.
- Actively engage in new business development.
- Lead the delivery of the annual budget in line with organisational budget and individual income stream targets.
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and manage new innovative fundraising campaigns.
- Ensure appropriate and timely follow up and recognition of all corporate and trust donations.
- Sponsor the Culture of knowledge learning and continuous improvement.
- Manage quality and best practice.
- Provide leadership and guidance within teams.
- Take on other duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
- Background or qualification in fundraising/communications/PR/marketing.
- Self-motivated, flexible person who is committed to our mission.
- Experience of the voluntary sector and/or working with older people.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing with people.
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to adapt to new systems. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- An ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and respect.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and report on financial performance of projects.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful projects and campaigns.
- Strong time management and excellent planning and project management skills.
Some additional hours will be necessary. The role is based at the ALONE Offices at Pleasant St, Dublin 8.
This job description has been updated as of November 2018. The hours, location and other aspects of the role are subject to change. The list of responsibilities and tasks are not exhaustive. There may be a requirement to take on other tasks not listed above.
The position is located at our office in Dublin 8 with travel across Ireland. The salary range is €40,000 to €50,000 with 22 days annual leave and pension scheme. Role will require use of car for business purposes. Garda Vetting required. Please send your CV and cover letter to us at email@example.com by 21st January 2019.
Please visit our website at www.alone.ie