NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Tullamore Community and Family Resource Centre CLG
Applications are invited for the post of:
Family Support / Community Development Worker
17.5 hours per week Job Share
This position is based in Tullamore, Co. Offaly
The position will involve working in close collaboration with the Board of Management and Coordinator to implement the Resource Centre’s aims and objectives as outlined in the annual work plan.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- A relevant third level qualification in Family Support/Community Development/Social Care level 6 or higher
- A good understanding of Family Support work in a community based setting
- At least 2 years paid experience of working with groups who experience exclusion
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of poverty and social exclusion and its impact on the local area
- The ability to liaise with voluntary, community and statuary agencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possess good leadership and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to access funding
- Excellent IT, Social Media / Report Writing Skills
- A full clean driver’s license and access to transport essential.
Garda Vetting will apply & is essential for this position
Full job description, specification and application form are attached
Closing date: for receipt of applications: 4.30pm Friday 18th January 2019
Applications received after this time will not be considered. Application form only. C.V. will not be accepted.
Shortlisting: will apply on the basis of information provided
Interviews: will take place on the 28th January 2019
Please post completed application form to:
Tullamore Community & Family Resource Centre
Tullamore Community and Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer
This post is funded by the Child and Family Agency