Daughters of Charity Community Services:
Community Development Outreach Worker (Central Support Team)
Full-time (35 hours), Permanent contract
We are seeking a Community Development Outreach Worker with vision, passion, and a track record in responding and developing outreach programmes for individuals and families in Dublin’s North Inner City.
Located at 8-9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, we provide a range of educational, training and social care services for children, young people, adults, and older people. Our services are targeted to individuals and families in the North Inner City who are experiencing socio-economic and educational disadvantage, and social exclusion.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be part of the Central Support Team, will have an outreach role, liaising with individuals, relevant groups and agencies to support individuals and families in the local community to access the services of the DoCCS and other supports they may need. A job description is attached below.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in outreach role,
- A relevant 3rd level qualification in community development or similar,
- Skills, desire, passion and experience of working with vulnerable people to their agenda, in a way that is holistic and develops the participants own resources to make positive changes in their lives.
- Experience in Liaising and networking with agencies and service providers within the community and a willingness to initiate and engage in, where appropriate, interagency projects,
- A proven record of developing outreach programmes in response to community needs,
- A capacity to take on research in the Community and project manage suitable initiatives to respond to the findings
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team,
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure,
- Experience of completing funding applications, report writing and an ability to source small grants for project work.
- Understanding and experience of child protection and welfare issues and issues affecting vulnerable adults,
- Evening and weekend work may be required on occasion
Please complete the DoCCS application form (attached below) CVs will not be accepted, and submit the completed form, with a cover letter to: Louise Mullins, HR Manager, by email: email@example.com or post: Louise Mullins, Daughters of Charity Community Services, 9 Henrietta Street, Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is Friday 18th January at 5pm.
The Daughters of Charity Community Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome, and strive to have, a diverse workforce.