Here at Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Worker-Liaison Services to work between our Detox and HIV Respite services along with Outreach services to assist street homeless clients to access the HIV Respite Unit and deliver better outcomes for street homeless clients.
Core responsibilities include:
- To engage with, & build a professional trusting relationship with services users, treating them with dignity & respect in order to work within the values of the Dublin Simon Community.
- Work closely with external service providers to assist street homeless clients to access residential Detox Unit and the Stabilisation Respite Unit at Ushers Island.
- Provide a continuum of care through individualised service user led care plan.
- Manage a case load as directed by Manager and Senior manger but no more than 30 clients.
- use a holistic (whole person) approach to identify and address needs arising from addiction and homelessness
- Support individuals to establish and maintain external support networks that assists them in removing barriers to exiting homelessness.
- Support all Dublin Simon community Full Time Volunteers, Part Time Volunteers, Student placements and Client Involvement initiatives.
- Support our client in achieving their individual care plan goals.
- Liaise with Ushers Island Detox and Respite Staff to facilitate admission to the unit by following up on client paperwork, referral forms, urinalysis, pre assessments, motivation, location, GP and other medical letters and escorting client to the unit on the day of admission.
- Attend service user case review and referral meetings as requested by the Detox/ Respite Manager.
- Maintain and enhance client’s skills learned to prevent relapse, manage relapse, maintain sobriety, develop new and rediscover old positive life skills.
What You Need
To become the Project Worker-Liaison Services you will need at least 3 years’ experience in homeless or addiction services and preferably 1 year in an outreach service. Experience in care planning, holistic needs assessment and case management are also important. You will also require a 3rd level qualification to degree level in one of the following disciplines social care, social studies, addiction studies, psychology or psychotherapy.
What We Promise
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Supportive colleagues and management team
- Dynamic & varied role
- Diverse work environment
What To Do Now
If you are interested in the position, please click the apply button below today.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 23/12/2018
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800