MQI are currently seeking to recruit a Relief Prison Counsellor [Prison Counselling Services]
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Two years experience in a paid full time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies or social care.
- An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use, criminal offending, homelessness, dual-diagnosis and progression pathways towards community based rehab, housing and training services.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point and experience of using a database.
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
- Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction and associated needs.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
- To be approved by the IPS Security Clearance process which can take 4 months + to complete.
Salary: €14.97 per hour
Hours: No set hours (If and When Required)
Days: Monday to Friday
Location: Various location
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Thursday 20th December 2018. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Relief Prison Counsellor – R121801’. Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.