Due to expansion in the Organisation we are recruiting for the following:
Social Care Worker – Stillorgan
(Permanent– 39 Hours )
The Social Care Worker is expected to be able to undertake all daily activities and routines of the unit they are working in. This includes direct support to service users, household tasks and administrative procedures. He/she is expected to establish and maintain high standards of social work practice within the organisation. Staff at this level must be able to work on their own initiative, delegate, and must be able to plan and organise daily activities and routines for themselves and others as well as being able to effectively execute them.
- Applicants must have Degree Level in Social Care, Social Science, Psychotherapy and/or Psychology or other relevant discipline.
- Must have recent experience working as part of a team within the Care Sector, preferably in a service for adults with Autism and 2 to 3 years’ experience dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Full clean driving licence (minimum 2 years and aged 23 years or over for insurance purpose)
- Proven, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to work alone
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Must be prepared to work shift work / weekends on a roster basis to
- include night duties
- Fluent English & Excellent Communication Skills
- Induction training week
- On-going training and development
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Education Support Scheme
- Company pension with company contribution
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- 22 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
Closing date for completed application forms:- Thursday 22nd November @ 12 pm.
Please note that applications can only be accepted by way of Autism Initiatives Application Form.
See below for Application Form.
Informal Enquiries and Job Description:- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvassing for all positions will immediately disqualify candidates from the recruitment process.