Are you an ambitious social care professional and do you want to develop your career within a supportive and dynamic organisation? At Dublin Simon Community we now have an opportunity for you to join us as Twilight Support Worker.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 7 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued.
Working in a professional role and environment, core responsibilities include:
- Check in with Recovery staff in Ellen Hall on arrival at Blessington st. Adhere to working alone policy.
- Receive written handover from day staff, carry out health and safety checks including fire safety checks, check building security and lock up and check all clients are present as per handover.
- Attend to crisis intervention, breath testing and relapse prevention, adherence to curfew and other interventions as the needs arise overnight or during weekend days.
- Monitoring cctv, ensure non smoking policy adhered to, regular room checks and H& s as per local policy.
- Updating PASS, Bed lists and provide assistance with SES sheets and other administration as the need arises.
- Ensure kitchen and communal areas are clean and tidy and check food stock rotation. Check laundry area is clean and tidy.
- Meet and greet all clients and ensure they are comfortable and have what they need for a restful night. Ensure that any new admissions of the day are safe and feel welcomed in the new space and can locate everything the need.
- To engage with and build a professional trusting relationship with service users treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Dublin Simon Community.
- Work closely with recovery team to contribute to supporting service users to work towards the goals set down in their care plan.
- To perform tasks related to the running and maintenance of an effective residential service such as hygiene of the home, security of the building, conservation of energy, and prior to leaving the shift to ensure all TV’s and electrical equipment is turned off..
- To ensure that a welcoming and friendly environment is maintained ensuring all rooms are clean and comfortable for the clients.
- Be aware of fire safety of the building and ensure you are aware of the fire safety procedure for Blessington St. Ensure sign in/out is being completed by all entering the building.
- Carry out building lock up at night ensuring the building is safe and secure (doors locked, alarms on, shutters closed, kitchen closed off at agreed time).
- When on duty ensure offices and communal areas are clean and tidy and all food is cleared away, surfaces clean, washing up completed, replenish food and other stocks in lounge room. Adhere to night cleaning checklist.
- To assist with the preparation of reports, statistics and other information as required by Dublin Simon Community, to adhere to good record keeping guidelines and usage of the Pass and Internal IT Systems.
- To perform as a full team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and communicating promptly in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- To attend internal meetings such as team meetings, working groups and planning days as requested by the manager.
- Ensure service users are consulted and involved in the operation of the project as far as possible through the service users groups in Dublin Simon Community.
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of service and maintenance of quality standards in an alcohol and drug free environment.
What You Need
To be considered for this role you must have a recognised 3rd level qualification to at least certificate or diploma level in one of the following, Social Care, Nursing, Psychology, Addiction Studies. Along with one year paid or volunteering experience in a homeless or social care setting.
What You Will Receive
- Supportive colleagues & management team
- Dynamic & diverse work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Clear progression Opportunities
What To Do Now
If you are interested, please apply on the link on this page
Apply for the position
Application due date: 22/11/2018
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800
We reserve the right to offer the position to a successful candidate prior to the deadline of receipt of applications and we advise that you apply early.
Dublin Simon Community does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this position. Any unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be considered and may result in Dublin Simon Community not engaging with that recruitment agency in the future.