Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following positions:
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS / SUPPORT WORKERS
SOUTH KILDARE AND EAST MIDLANDS SERVICES
RELIEF CONTRACTS (if and when required roster)
We are looking for Social Care Workers / Support Workers to support young adults with an intellectual disability in the community.
You will be responsible for providing direct support to individuals, building and supporting networks and relationships and exploring what a good life looks for the young adult.
Please quote the following job reference on your application/email: SKBC025
Informal enquiries to: Ciara Kelly CNM II 0871745207 or Lauren Donoghue CNMII 0876066414
- Relevant recognised Diploma in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications), or, FETAC/QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support/Health Service Skills, or equivalent; or is willing to complete same;
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount to the role of a relief staff member;
- Willingness to work alone;
- High levels of motivation;
- Full current driving licence;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Available for day, weekend, night duty and ‘sleep-over’ shifts;
- Experience in and commitment to promoting community presence;
- Experience of supporting adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism;
- Experience of working with individuals with behaviours of concern;
- A proven ability to explore, discover, develop and implement a vision with each individual that supports person centredness;
- Excellent, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and IT skills
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, (applications must be typed) submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045532217 during office hours.
Applications will not be accepted without the relevant job reference i.e SKBC025
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Monday 22nd October 2018 @ 3pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.