Everything we do here at York House centres around making a difference to the lives of the people we serve. Whether living with cognitive impairment, mental ill health, drug or alcohol issues or debilitating illness, The Salvation Army Republic of Ireland will see the person and not the label. To help us do this, we have a team of exceptional specialist and support workers. There is now an opportunity to be a part of this incredible team.
The Salvation Army in the Republic of Ireland is part of the wider international Salvation Army, which is currently at work in 129 countries, demonstrating Christian principles through practical support and help to people of all ages, backgrounds and needs. We are a Christian Church and a registered charity.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society?
We currently have the following vacancy within our York House Lifehouse:
(39 hours per week)
The Salvation Army, York House, Longford Street Little, Dublin 2.
€37,147 + €2500 annual premium
Working in York House can be challenging but it is also deeply rewarding and satisfying. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, flexible and compassionate with a passion for supporting people and ensuring that our service users enjoy the highest quality of life we want to hear from you. The successful applicant will be expected to work in sympathy with the spiritual principles of The Salvation Army.
The Programme Coordinator is central to achieving positive outcomes for our vulnerable clients and has operational responsibility for service delivery within specific areas of responsibility. You will ensure the programme contributes to the overall service by achieving both internal and contractual Key Performance Indicators and working with the Service Manager and Support Staff to ensure services are high quality and cost effective. You will ensure the programmes you co-ordinate maximises client input and emphasises choice and control in all areas of service delivery. The core values will be an integral part of all programmes.
- A recognised third level qualification to degree level in one of the following areas: Social Studies, Psychology, Addiction, Youth Work, Social Care
- At least two years’ experience working in a social care field working with disadvantaged people
- At least two years’ experience of effectively managing a team of social care professionals
- Knowledge of housing services and management
- Knowledge of recruitment & HR
- Ability to assist in assessments, care planning and client reviews
- Knowledge in care planning/case management
- Commitment to Health & Safety
- Capable of effectively managing challenging behaviour
- Facilitating physical and mental well being
- Diligent and conscientious
- Commitment to effective professional practice
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- A rota that Compliments Work/Life Balance
- Excellent Training
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for Career Progression
Please see Job Description and Application Form attached below.
To apply: Please return completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not send CV’s as they will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: 28th October 2018, midnight.
Job Ref: YH/PC/OCT18
Garda checks required
Promoting equality in the workplace.
The Salvation Army is a Christian church and a registered charity.
Registered in the Republic of Ireland No: 90791 Registered Charity Number CHY6399