Applications are invited for the post of
Community Development Officer
Laois Partnership Company has responsibility for the delivery of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER Programme), and a series of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are seeking to recruit a Community Development Officer to work in the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme.
The successful Community Development Officer candidate’s role will include:
- Delivery of community actions as outlined in the SICAP Annual Plan in partnership with local community groups including support for Resident’s Groups and Men’s Shed Groups in identified areas.
- Pre-Development work to support the formation of Resident’s Groups in identified areas.
- Work with SICAP Target Groups including New Communities, Traveller groups.
- Deliver on the SICAP targets and KPI’s.
- Regular reporting on the delivery of the programme targets within required timeframes using Pobal’s online Reporting System (IRIS).
- Delivery of training and supports for community groups to support their ongoing development including assistance with funding applications and support to develop local community facilities and actions.
- Identify and refer eligible individuals for SICAP educational, training, personal development and enterprise and employment supports.
- Development of tools to evaluate SICAP work including baseline surveys, evaluations and analysis of existing data.
Conditions of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours a week
Annual Contract subject to funding commencing as soon as possible, Salary available up to €35,049 PA pro rata.
- A primary degree (NFQ Level 7) in one of the social sciences (including but not exclusively community development)
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a developmental role with community organisations or projects, or other similar organisations (in a paid/ voluntary capacity or a combination of both)
- Experience of working with marginalised individuals and communities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Description and Personal Requirements for this role can be obtained from Laois Partnership, Tel: 057-8661900 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward a full CV and a written letter of application to:
Ms Anne Goodwin, CEO, Laois Partnership Company, Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall, JFL Avenue. Portlaoise, Co Laois.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday the 2nd November 2018 at 5pm
Canvassing will disqualify
Laois Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer