Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Salary €13,231.37 (20 hours/week)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Deputy Manager and will work as part of a team to ensure an excellent standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the project. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- In conjunction with residents and staff team, to ensure that the house and its’ external environs are kept to a good standard of tidiness and cleanliness including communal areas, offices, bathrooms and staff bedrooms.
- Undertake household cleaning duties and laundry tasks.
- Maintain general Health and safety and hygiene standards
- Carry out administrative duties commensurate with the role.
- Participate in communication structures with staff team and ensuring relevant information is added to appropriate records/daily logs.
- Take an active role in promoting best practice in cleanliness and hygiene with the staff team
- At all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Minimum of one years’ experience, cleaning offices/ public residential settings.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials and their correct usage as per Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- An understanding of why people become homeless and the needs they have.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the work place.
- Ability to managed own work load and to operate as part of a team taking direction where required and following procedures
Online Application Procedure:
Please download and complete the application form available on the employment page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 25th October 2018 at 9am
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled