Here at Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued
We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Shop Supervisor who will be responsible for the operational and people management of a social enterprise which includes two retail stores and a sorting and distribution centre.
Core responsibilities include:
- Support the Social Enterprise vision and ethos.
- Manage and improve day to day operations of the shop in line with appropriate guidelines, policies and procedures in relation to stock management, donor care, customer care, client engagement, financial control, health and safety and security.
- Ensure compliance with the shop operational manual.
- Manage a rota to ensure operational hours for all locations are covered sufficiently.
- Manage the van schedule to meet the needs of both shops while also supporting our donors.
- Management of employees, CE workers, Full Time Volunteers, Part Time Volunteers and Client Volunteers in line with Dublin Simon Community policies and procedures.
- Recruit necessary volunteers and CE workers to meet operational and customer demands.
- Work in partnership with the CE engagement supervisor to provide meaningful work and training placements for participants and support them in their role.
- Manage the relationship with the fundraising team to ensure donor care is prioritised in day to day operations and coordinate corporate ‘stock sorting’ days in the distribution centre.
- Create and sustain an environment in which all staff and volunteers are motivated and are given suitable and meaningful work to do to ensure that their individual motivations and abilities are being recognised and met.
- Act as a role model to the team ensuring a consistent and quality service is being delivered.
What You Need
To become the Retail Shop Supervisor you must have supervisor/management experience in a retail environment for a minimum of 1 year. You should also have knowledge of the Social Enterprise model with a clear understanding of the distinction between mainstream retail and the charity sector. You should also have a relevant 3rd level qualification.
What We Promise
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Dynamic & Varied Role
- Diverse Work Environment
Apply for the position
Application due date: 28/10/2018
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800