NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The National Traveller Women’s Forum
Invites applications for positon of
Community Development Worker
National Traveller Women’s Forum (NTWF) is the National Network of Traveller women and Traveller women's organisations. We recognise the particular oppression of Traveller women in Irish society and are working to address this issue through the provision of opportunities to Traveller women to meet, share experiences, ideas and develop collective strategies and skills to work towards the enhancement of their position in society.
We are recruiting for a Community Development Worker Post for 4 days a week (28 hours per week)
- At least 3 years experience working from a Community Development approach
- Understanding of issues and policies impacting on Traveller women
- Commitment to human rights and social justice and to work from an anti-racist and equality framework.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
- Qualification in Community Development or related field
- Experience in working with the Traveller community and/or gender issues
- Ability to identify funding opportunities and submit grant applications.
How to apply:
Job Description & Application Form available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must complete the application form particular to this position, and return by post to: Chairperson, National Traveller Women’s Forum, 4/5 Eustace Street, Dublin 2 or email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of application: Wednesday the 17th October 2018. Shortlisting will apply, with interviews expected to take place the following week.
Please do not send a C.V. it will not be considered
NTWF is an Equal Opportunities employer; applications are welcomed particularly from the Traveller community.
This post is funded by the Department of Justice and Equality.