Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
PA to Directors
Based in Dublin Head Office
Salary €38,000 per annum
To proactively support the Four cross border directors in leveraging their time though administrative and logistical support, including first stage research and analysis work.
The Four directors are:
Director of Services
Director of Finance & Corporate Services
Director of Fundraising & Communications
Director of Human Resources
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinating internal and external meeting setup and diary management on behalf of the Four directors, ensuring efficiency of director’s time in as far as practical
- Anticipating and responding to the administrative and logistical support needs of each of the Four directors relating to pending meetings, proactively preparing document packs, summary briefing documents and travel arrangements
- Carrying out first stage research and analysis tasks relating to meeting agenda items for the Four directors, as assigned
- Responding to internal and external task and information queries on behalf of the directors, in as far as practical
- Collating All-Island service user statistics in collaboration with staff of the Northern Ireland office – and other information analysis tasks as assigned
- Attending at steering committee and other allocated routine and ad hoc meetings for minute taking purposes, including circulation of draft and final minutes in collaboration with meeting host
- Maintaining room booking calendars as assigned
- Covering for the Office Manager position during absence of that post-holder – and other administrative staff cover requirements as requested.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility both in relation to tasks and direct reports may be added over
- A third level degree
- Ability to research information and prepare clear summary documents and to collate data, present summary information and identify trends emerging
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in an administrative function of which at least two should include PA support to senior level roles
- Competent user of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to balance multiple competing work demands, prioritising workload effectively and working to tight deadlines
- Accurate / detail focus, and
- Experience working in the charity sector is desirable but not essential.
- While the line manager is specified above, this does not preclude other senior roles in Central Office from directing or reviewing work or setting dotted line collaborative working relationships between same or different level positions.
- All tasks should be completed in an accurate manner and supported by a clear electronic and hard copy filing system, as appropriate.
- All post holders are required to participate in internal / external meetings as required, including regular supervision and annual appraisal.
- All post holders are required to ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being adhered to, in particularly those relating to health and safety, code of practice and confidentiality.
- All post holders are required to carry out their duties in a professional manner maintaining a high-quality standard of work and always working in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul.
- As Depaul is an all-island organisation, regular liaison and collaboration with staff of the Northern Ireland office is required.
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Monday 1st October 2018 at 9am
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled