Relief Panel (Locum) Project Worker’s x 5
Reference No: RPPWDPSW0918
Location: Deerpark, Cork City (South West Region)
Hours: Locum hours – relief work as and when required. Variable pending roster needs. Various shift patterns.
Published: 14th of Septmber 2018
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 28th September 2018
The purpose of the post is to assist the Service to provide safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men. To provide cover for the staff team, providing an efficient and high quality service to the clients.
The ideal candidates will possess the following;
- BA in Social Care / NFQ Level 7 or higher is required for this position.
- FETAC Level 5 healthcare qualification or training in healthcare would be an advantage.
- To have a thorough understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Homelessness.
- To have an understanding of both statuary and voluntary supports and services available to this client group.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- Not less than one year’s experience of working with this client group preferably in a residential setting.
- Experience of working in the Community and Voluntary sector would be an advantage.
- Active listening skills.
- To respond in a warm and compassionate manner while retaining professional boundaries.
- Non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
A full job description is attached below. If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please go to our website https://www.svp.ie/careers for details on how to apply.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer