(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland is a charitable organisation which was established following the merger of two long standing charities: The Carers Association and Caring for Carers.
As a result of merging, we are now in a position to provide;
- One strong national voice for Carers based on a shared vision for the future.
- Best practice, contacts, experience and influence on behalf of Carers.
- More resources for services and supports.
- Better planning and engagement with statutory agencies at national, regional and local levels.
Family Carers Ireland wish to make the following appointment;
Role: Administrator – Dublin Office
Reporting to: Area Manager
Location: Unit 1, Hibernia Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8
Contract Duration: Six month fixed term contract
Hours per week: 30 – Days and hours to be agreed
Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- To perform general administrative duties and provide support to the Senior Administrator and Area Manager through filing, photocopying, typing, reception cover etc.
- Data entry on to the Organisation’s CareFree and CRM systems.
- Support the Senior Administrator in the maintenance of HR files and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Assist in the recruitment process for Home Care Workers.
- Respond to employee queries relating to pay, annual leave etc.
- To ensure that all calls and emails are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.
- Distribution of incoming post and diary management for meeting rooms.
- Provide administrative support for various programmes such as promotional or information projects.
- Provide effective reception cover by responding to telephone queries in a timely manner and assist fellow colleagues with enquiries.
- Assist with Fundraising tasks as required.
- Observe Health and Safety requirements.
- Various ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes;
- A minimum of one years’ experience in a busy administrative role.
- Strong administrative and IT skills are a pre-requisite.
- Excellent IT skills - mainly MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of staff scheduling and resource planning is an advantage.
- Be a pro-active individual with strong communication, problem solving, conflict management, customer service, and decision-making skills, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- High levels of motivation, positive disposition and a flexible attitude.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Will be capable of working independently, manage own workload and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail in order to maintain relationships and effectively engage across all levels inside and outside the Organisation.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Thursday, September 20th 2018.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer