Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
Social Care Workers / Healthcare Assistants / Support Workers
(Full Time, Part Time and Relief Contracts Available)
Please quote the following reference on your application/email: SKBC014
We are hoping to recruit a team of motivated, enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals to assist us in supporting a young man with autism and mild intellectual disability to realize his vision for a ‘good life’. The role will involve supporting this young man to become connected within his local community in the Tipperary area, to provide opportunities for new experiences and to assist him in developing real and authentic relationships with people his own age. His personal interest’s include comedy, creative writing, computers and T.V. There will be close collaboration with this young man’s family.
- Has successfully completed degree in social care, or, FETAC level 5 training (Healthcare Assistant), or equivalent; or is willing to complete same;
- Willingness to work alone;
- High levels of motivation;
- Full current driving license;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Commitment to working in close liaison with the management team;
- Available for day, weekend and ‘sleep-over’ shifts;
- Has local knowledge and established connections with community groups in Co. Tipperary.
- Experience of supporting adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism;
- Experience of youth work and/or working with young people to develop positive friendships;
- Experience of supporting young people to develop interpersonal and social skills;
Informal Enquiries: Anna Marie Fenlon (CNMII) 087 694 6237
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, (applications must be typed) submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045532217 during office hours.
Applications will not be accepted without a reference
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 17th August 2018 @ 3pm
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiriosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.