- Do you believe that people with disabilities have the same rights and choices as everybody else?
- Would you like to help people achieve their dreams?
- Are you caring, compassionate, patient and resilient
- Are you open to taking creative approaches to supporting children and adults with disabilities and complex needs?
Positive Futures is a leading local charity for people with an intellectual disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition and their families. After over 21 years in Northern Ireland, Positive Futures is now committed to supporting people across the island of Ireland.
Due to exciting growth within our services in Dublin, north Wicklow and Fingal we are hosting a recruitment event for full time Senior Support Workers in the Sheldon Park Hotel on 22 August from 10am– 6pm. You will have the opportunity to meet the team, find out more about the service, apply and be interviewed for a position on the day.
There are opportunities to support adults and children which could involve supporting people in their own homes or the wider community. At times you may have to support individuals with behaviours that challenge, but you will get the training and support you need to do so. Salaries are based on current HSE scales.
In order to be shortlisted you most demonstrate how you meet the following criteria:
- At least three years’ experience of supporting people within a social care setting.
- Experience of:
- assessment, development and implementation of Person Centred Care/Support Plans
- using behaviour management strategies
- assessing/managing risk
- A full driving licence and access to a car insured for business purposes* to transport people supported*
*this criteria is waived for candidates unable to meet it due to disability
To apply now please submit a cover letter and CV, clearly demonstrating how you meet these 2 criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Friday 17 August. Alternatively bring your CV and ID (passport and two utility bills) with you on the day for the chance to be shortlisted and interviewed.
For more details please contact Shona Bogues by email or T +44 28 91475736.
Positive Futures is an Equal Opportunities Employer