Saint John of God Community Services Dublin South East
Providing a network of residential, education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin
Catering Skills Trainer / Instructor
Permanent Contract - Instructor Grade - 39hours per week
11 month contract (leave in August aligned with School Term)
Applications are invited for the post of Catering Skills Trainer/Instructor - supporting young people with learning support needs in our Vocational Development Department - based out of St Augustine’s School, Blackrock.
This role is aimed at developing catering skills for students that can assist them in daily life, provide work experience and prepare the students for training and employment opportunities post-graduation if they wish.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Level 6 qualification (QQI) or above in relevant area e.g. catering/culinary arts/food management
- Level 2 HACCP trained as minimum
- Experience in the area of catering advantageous
- Experience in working with young people or adults with learning support needs.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience In working with individuals with Autism advantageous.
- A Full Clean Driver’s License
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting REF:CatIns
Informal enquiries to Ann Marie Ryan – Manager Children’s service: Tel: 0866079962
Closing Date: 25th July 2018
Applicants may be shortlisted based on the information supplied in the CV.
Saint John of God Community Services CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
Hospitality - Compassion - Excellence - Justice - Respect