NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Permanent Position – 30 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Adult Support Worker based in Limerick.
Enable Ireland Limerick Adult Day Services is committed to providing opportunities for people with disabilities to develop a range of options in the area of personal development, training, employment and greater inclusion in the community generally. The service is based on partnership, dignity, respect and the development of choice for those who use the service.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
This programme will be a move away from traditional centre-based model of day service. The role of the Adult Support Worker will be to provide individualised supports to a young lady with a disability to enable her to live the life of her own choosing in accordance with the values of New Directions which underpin the principles of inclusion, rights, choice and independence in the community.
The candidate will be working predominantly one to one in the community but will be part of the day services team and from time to time may be required to work in the day service.
- Qualification in relevant discipline (e.g.: health, community, care sector) FETAC level 5 minimum.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with Adults with Disabilities
- Good IT skills, in particular the ability to operate an IPad or similar communication devices.
- Confident and comfortable with lone working
- Ability and willingness to deliver intimate personal care needs
- Full clean driver’s licence
- An interest in music and fitness.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to support people with disabilities to live an ordinary life.
Please Note – “Because of the personal care duties involved in this job and in line with section 26, subsection 2 of the Employment Equality Act 1998, we ask for only female applicants."
- Can communicate with ISL or is willing to undertake training.
- Ability to swim is desirable.
- Knowledge of person centered planning and Key Worker system.
- Knowledge of New Directions guidelines
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
For Application Forms and job description please contact:
Nancy Brockert, Enable Ireland, Quinn’s Cross, Mungret, Limerick or by email to email@example.com Telephone 061301830
Informal enquiries to: Orna Maguire, Day Services Coordinator, 061-301830
Shortlisting will apply. A panel may be formed for similar vacancies, both part-time or full-time, that may arise within the next 12 months
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 18th July
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted.)
Interviews will take place 26th and 27th of July 2018
Interview Venue: Enable Ireland Services, Quinn’s Cross, Mungret, Limerick
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
- The post will be subject to reference checks and will be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.