+353 1 4625370
Unit 8, Broomhill Business Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Job title: Hub Operative / Occasional Van Driver
Reporting to: Hub Supervisor
Location: Unit 3, O Connell Business Park, Little Island, Cork
Salary: On application
In brief: To assist in the warehouse with general warehousing duties, picking, packing, logging products into our warehouse management system. The day to day loading and driving of the vehicle for the distribution of food to the various charities and to ensure the on-going success of the Munster hub for FoodCloud Hubs.
Jobholder must qualify for CSP salary funding which requires that jobholder come from one of the following categories stated below.
About FoodCloud Hubs
FoodCloud Hubs is a national charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements – from food retailers and manufacturers – and redistribute this to local charities and community groups who provide meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, recovering from addictions).
Cork re-distribution Hub
Our hub in Cork works to serve Charities/ Community Food Members (CFMs) in the whole Munster area. The hub is open Monday – Friday, between 8.30am and 6pm to receive deliveries from various food companies, producers and retailers and re-distribute this food to CFMs in the most efficient way possible. This is implemented by the hub supervisor and his team and with the help of volunteers.
- Job based in Little Island, Cork.
- Full time – 39 hrs weekly excluding lunch
- Normal working hours will be between 8.30am and 5pm, but may include working hours at evenings and weekends, with 30 minutes break for lunch (but are subject to change depending on demand).
- Jobholder must hold, or be willing to gain Level 1 in Food safety in Catering
- Jobholder must hold a clean full driving licence
- Jobholder must have fork lift truck driving experience
- Jobholder must qualify for CSP salary funding which requires that jobholder come from one of the following categories :
- Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s benefit(JB), Job seeker’s allowance (JA) or one parent family (OPF)
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension or other disability pension but bearing in mind that this a physical position
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Job seeker’s Assistance or one-parent family benefit
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis-users
- People employed from Tus, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible. Former RSS workers who were previously CE placements are also eligible
- Computer skills are essential. Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in one or more of the following areas: food distribution, warehousing operation.
- Experience of multi drop deliveries in the Leinster area.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience with operating a fork truck, pallet truck and other warehouse handling equipment
- Experience in optimising route planning
- Experience of working in a team environment.
Willing to train
- Willing to train and operate our WMS software system
- Willing to train to the required recognised Food Safety and Health and Safety qualifications
- Willing to adapt and assist with the daily workload in the warehouse
- Willing to work on own initiative
- Day to day responsibility for loading and upkeep of the vehicle and distributing to the various charities.
- To ensure that the vehicles used by the hub are roadworthy and legal (taxed and insured etc).
- Day to day compliance with issues including food hygiene, health and safety and security of the van and the safety and wellbeing of all van staff and volunteers.
- Maintain good relations and communications with food suppliers and community member recipient projects.
- Review all supplier & charity collections with hub supervisor on a daily basis.
- Working with the hub supervisor to develop new operational/logistic activity and lead on operational implementation.
- Assist the hub supervisor with warehouse duties, booking IN/OUT product, picking orders, stock taking and general housekeeping etc.
- To carry out any other duties which may be reasonably requested.
- Occasional driving required to our Dublin and Galway hubs also.
Health & Safety & Food Hygiene
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself and others around you.
- To be compliant with all FoodCloud Hubs policies and procedures and to industry standards as required by food donors and regulators.
- To comply with monitoring and evaluation systems as required for the project’s activities and report regularly to the hub supervisor.
Please email CV’s with one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date 24th June 2018, interviews will take place in Cork with immediate start for the successful candidate.