BROTHERS OF CHARITY SERVICES IRELAND
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
1 X CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER (CNM1)
Permanent Part-Time and Pensionable
Location – North Roscommon Day & Residential Services (Elphin Area)
Reference: 41/18 (Please clearly quote reference code on the application form)
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Roscommon Region empower people with intellectual disability and people on the autistic spectrum to live the lives they choose. Our focus is to form a partnership with each individual and to work in consultation with families, enabling each person to design their own service so that they can enjoy a meaningful life in their communities. We wish to create opportunities for people to have valued social roles in their communities and to form friendships. In order to assist us to achieve this vision, we wish to recruit innovative and proactive people who will relish the opportunity to assist in implementing this vision.
The Clinical Nurse Manager has a pivotal role in managing the day to day delivery of services and will be the Person in Charge (P.I.C.) for the designated centre in line with HIQA requirements. The successful candidate must provide leadership and vision in the development of the service in line with HIQA standards, Personal Outcome Measures and future service development.
- Can you be a mentor and role model for a middle aged man with behaviors that challenge?
- Could you support this man to connect and participate in positive ways with his local community?
- Can you help him to plan and support the implementation of his wishes and dreams?
- To assist you in this role, you will work as part of the staff team and will be supported by a multidisciplinary team to facilitate person centred life planning. This will include guidance, training and supervision from the Behaviour Support Services in positive behavior support.
To support a middle aged man with a mild/moderate intellectual disability and behaviours that challenge in an individualised residential setting. Hours of work are rostered flexibly on a 7-day basis. Normal hours of work are in the region of 70 hours per fortnight. The successful candidate are required to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends, public holidays. Please note all front line positions will be expected to carry out core duties such as, intimate care and challenging behaviour support.
Qualifications / Experience
- Each candidate must have a relevant professional qualification to the Health or Social Care sectors, i.e. an RNID/RMHN qualification or a BA Hons in Applied Social Studies / Social Care.
- A relevant management qualification is an essential requirement of the post.
- Previous experience of effectively managing a staff team and demonstrate a proven ability to pro-actively lead, motivate, empower and achieve results through people is advantageous;
- Knowledge and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience of working with people with an intellectual disability and managing people’s well-being using an evidence based approach to person centred planning e.g. Personal Outcome Measures;
- A good understanding of the Person In Charge role and HIQA requirements would be an advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities and The Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults with Disabilities) Regulations 2013;
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to community integration and active citizenship for all people with disabilities with experience in the area of human rights and advocacy;
- A full clean driving license.
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of information supplied
PANELS MAY BE FORMED FROM WHICH FUTURE PERMANENT AND TEMPORARY VACANCIES MAY BE FILLED IN THE ROSCOMMON REGION IN THE COMING 6 MONTHS
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND CHILDREN SALARY SCALES APPLY
Informal Enquiries: Gemma Nelson, North-Roscommon Services Area Manager (086) 6082592
Closing Date: 1.00 p.m., Friday, 29th June 2018
Application: Submit completed application form with an attached C.V. to the Human Resources Department via email not later than 1pm on Friday, 29th June 2018
HR Telephone: (090) 6628511
THE BROTHERS OF CHARITY SERVICES IRELAND - ROSCOMMON REGION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER