BROTHERS OF CHARITY SERVICES IRELAND
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
1 X SOCIAL CARE WORKER
Permanent Part-Time and Pensionable
Location – North Roscommon Residential Services (Elphin Area)
Reference: 44/18 (Please clearly quote reference code on the application form)
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Roscommon Region empower people with intellectual disability and people on the autistic spectrum to live the lives they choose. Our focus is to form a partnership with each individual and to work in consultation with families, enabling each person to design their own service so that they can enjoy a meaningful life in their communities. We wish to create opportunities for people to have valued social roles in their communities and to form friendships. In order to assist us to achieve this vision, we wish to recruit innovative and proactive people who will relish the opportunity to assist in implementing this vision.
- Can you be a mentor and role model for a middle aged man with behaviors that challenge?
- Could you support this man to connect and participate in positive ways with his local community?
- Can you help him to plan and support the implementation of his wishes and dreams?
- To assist you in this role, you will work as part of the staff team and will be supported by a multidisciplinary team to facilitate person centred life planning. This will include guidance, training and supervision from the Behaviour Support Services in positive behavior support.
To support a middle aged man with a mild / moderate intellectual disability and behaviours that challenge in an individualised residential setting. Hours of work are rostered flexibly on a 7-day basis. Normal hours of work are 60 hours per fortnight. The successful candidate is required to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends, public holidays and sleepover duty is essential. Please note all front line positions will be expected to carry out core duties such as, intimate care and challenging behaviour support.
Qualifications / Experience
- Candidates should have a recognised (HETAC) qualification in Applied Social Studies or be a registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years knowledge and experience of working with people with an intellectual disability is essential.
- At least 2 years knowledge and experience of working with people with significant behavior support needs.
- Knowledge and experience of HIQA regulations and documentation is an advantage.
- Interpersonal skills and styles that match with the specific needs and characteristics of the group.
- Creativity, positivity and enthusiasm are essential.
- A full clean drivers’ license is essential.
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of information supplied
PANELS MAY BE FORMED FROM WHICH FUTURE PERMANENT AND TEMPORARY VACANCIES MAY BE FILLED IN THE ROSCOMMON REGION IN THE COMING 6 MONTHS
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND CHILDREN SALARY SCALES APPLY
Informal Enquiries: Gemma Nelson, North Roscommon Services Area Manager (086) 6082592
Closing Date: 1.00 p.m., Friday, 29th June 2018
Application: Submit completed application form with an attached C.V. to the Human Resources Department via email not later than 1pm on Friday, 29th June 2018
HR Telephone: (090) 6628511
THE BROTHERS OF CHARITY SERVICES IRELAND - ROSCOMMON REGION IS AN EQUAL