About Cork URBAN Enterprises Clg.
Cork URBAN Enterprise Clg. was formed in 1997 to support the development of an Enterprise Centre based on the Northside of Cork City. The company is supported by volunteers from local agencies such as Cork City Council, Cork Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Ireland, Local Enterprise Office, Cork City, Business Representatives and Community Representatives. This year, with funding support from Enterprise Ireland under the Regional Enterprise Development Fund, a new initiative is about to be launched under the “Northside For Business Campus” brand and the company is seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced Programme Manager to develop and grow the Northside for Business Campus alongside establishing and delivering a programme which supports the aims and goals of the company.
- To manage the day to day operations of the Centre including facilities management, client Relationships and the recruitment of new businesses.
- To deliver the strategic direction of the Centre as laid down by the Company.
- To further develop the role and sustainability of the Centre in both capacity and the provision of services.
- To establish and manage the Regional Enterprise Development Fund programme as agreed with Enterprise Ireland.
- To ensure the Centre operates in accordance with its statutory and contractual commitments.
- To work with resident clients & potential clients to evaluate and develop their business plans & ideas.
- To manage all core staff.
- To provide appropriate financial management, including timely & accurate financial reporting to the Board of Directors, in line with Board guidelines and other financial reporting guidelines that may be in force from time to time. This will include the provision of reports including details of Rents and Service Charges and any arrears accruing on an ongoing basis.
- To identify & generate other sources of income as required.
- To ensure all policies and procedures that support the operation of the Centre are regularly updated, as and when required.
- To support the Board in developing and carrying out agreed actions and business plans.
- To establish partnerships, develop good working relationships and collaborate with national, regional & local development agencies, businesses and individuals to maximise the use of the Centre and meet local needs.
- To develop networks to provide access to information support and resources.
- To represent the Centre at the relevant regional and national representative organisations in order to deliver the brief as outlined above and as may be required by the Board.
- To perform whatever other function as might be identified by the Board from time to time to further the aims and objectives of Cork URBAN Enterprises Clg.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Have a minimum of 10 years at a senior management position in enterprise development, management training or industry consisting of the past five years as the lead manager.
- Property management skills
- Management skills and Knowledge of HR Management
- Strategic Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of relevant corporate governance best practice
- Financial management and Debtor control
- Mentoring ability
- Knowledge of local, regional and national enterprise supports and agencies
- Local business/enterprise knowledge
- Information Technology proficient
- Excellent Interpersonal, presentation & communication skills
- Have an established network of contacts with other relevant stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills and ability to think creatively
- The ability to identify and develop key commercial opportunities for the Company.
- Experience in business planning/forecasting, financial management, budgeting and expenditure control
- Hold an appropriate post graduate qualification at not less than Level 9 (QQI) in enterprise development, business development or economic related area.
- Full clean driving licence and use of a car.
- Salary range: €60,000 - €80,000 negotiable depending on experience.
- Full time, Fixed Term Contract for 3 years and subject to 6 month probationary period.
Applicants should forward 3 hard copies of CV by post, marked ‘NFB Programme Manager’ to:
Ms. Adrienne Rodgers,
Cork URBAN Enterprises Clg.,
C/O Local Enterprise Office, Cork City,
Cork City Council,
Anglesea Street, Cork.
Closing Date for Applications is 17.00 Friday 1st June, 2018.
Shortlisting may apply. Canvassing will disqualify.
Cork URBAN Enterprises Clg. is an equal opportunities employer.