Camphill Community Dingle
Camphill Community Dingle is currently seeking highly motivated people to fill Vacancies for Support Staff in our Community.
We currently have Full time, Part time & Relief Positions Available
“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social relationships based on mutual care and respect.”
To provide support to individuals supported by Camphill Community Dingle in a homely, safe, respectful, empathetic and person-centred manner, which facilitate people to live a life of their own choosing. Provide support to persons with intellectual disabilities in aspects of daily living, support needs, including personal care. To ensure the provision of a quality service, working in partnership with the person being supported, members of the Community and the person’s wider circle of support.
To support the smooth running of a community for adults with special needs, by being an integral part of a team creating a positive living experience, and an environment and atmosphere within the community in which the individual needs of people can be met.
This role will involve:
- Working with and inducting volunteers in the practical aspects of their roles and coaching/modeling desired ways of working on an ongoing basis;
- Creatively supporting people to develop and pursue their aims & goals and engage in their leisure interests as well as coaching and leading volunteers in appropriate ways to support people to achieve the same;
- Delivering supports to individuals in regard to personal and intimate care and ensuring that they are provided to the highest standard in a person-centered approach;
- Creating a warm, homely and inviting home both atmosphere and appearance, conducive to the development of adults with special needs;
- Ensuring that all issues in relation to health & safety, food, nutrition, cleanliness & hygiene, record keeping, keeping of proper accounts and compliance with Camphill’s policies and procedures are met to the highest standards at all times;
- Engaging constructively with the Management Group and communicate any issues or concerns proactively;
- Adhere to best practice and compliance with the National Standards for Residential Services for Adults with Disabilities.
Key Job Requirements Attributes and Qualifications:
- Minimum of FETAC level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Work experience in a related area such as personal attendant/carer, community development or social care and/or community regeneration;
- An Understanding of HIQA Standards, Regulations and Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults National Policy
- Experience in supporting people with disabilities
- Excellent communication, people management and problem-solving skills, empathy and sensitivity to others
- An openness to the Camphill Ethos and alternative models of Social Care
- The ability to work collaboratively and motivate a team to enthusiastically support individuals
- Energy and enthusiasm, be highly motivated, reliable and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Full Clean Driving License is desirable
- This post is subject to Garda vetting.
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week
Contract: Initial one-year period
Full Job Description is available on request. Applications will be accepted by email to email@example.com with a covering letter of application and attached CV. Camphill is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date for applications will be Thursday the 7th June
Please direct all enquiries to 066 9152512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.