The CRC delivers a range of services to children and adults with disabilities both nationally and locally through our centres in Dublin, Limerick and Waterford and our Outreach Services. The mission of the CRC is that by working together we make a positive difference to the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers. Our vision is that people with disabilities achieve their potential and live full lives as equal and valued citizens.
Community Link Officer - CRC Adult Services
One year fixed term contract, 37 hours per week. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is essential as services will be delivered in line with the needs of the individuals attending the centre.
The Community Link Officer will work with Training & Development Programmes in CRC Adult Services based in Clontarf. CRC Training & Development, CDETB and RT Centre operate five training programmes, catering for a wide variety of adults with physical, intellectual and sensory disabilities. These programmes are tailored to meet individual needs, goals and aspirations. This is in line with best practice using a Person Centred approach in accordance with New Directions policy.
In partnership with the focus person, the Community Link Officer will be responsible for creating, developing and supporting community links as identified through their personal centred plan based on New Directions. Additionally they will be responsible for supporting individuals in relation to resources available in their community. Delivering QQI modules is also an integral aspect to the role
The successful applicant will have:
- A high level of expertise in the area of community and social inclusion
- A work history which demonstrates flexibility, initiative and the ability to deliver using own initiative
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- The ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent IT skills
- One years relevant experience working with people with disabilities
- Relevant experience working in an education setting delivering QQI or ASDAN modules
- A relevant technical qualification: i.e. QQI Level 8 or above in social studies, management, education or a related discipline
- A pedagogical qualification or working towards a QQI Level 6 or above
Salary scale, Senior Instructor Supervisor €31,756 - €44,159. Applicants must demonstrate in their CV and supporting documentation how they meet the above criteria as short-listing will apply. Full job specification available on request.
Please forward a letter of application quoting ref CRC40/18 with a full CV to; Human Resources Department, Central Remedial Clinic, Vernon Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Telephone 8542200, Fax 8542358 or email email@example.com. Applications must be received on or before 5pm, Wednesday 30th May 2018.