St Patrick’s Centre
Job Title: Team Leader
Job Location: Kells Road, Kilkenny
Contract Type: Permanent Contract. 39 hours per week in line with St. Patrick’s shift pattern including days, nights and weekends.
Salary: Linked to HSE Consolidated payscale Social Care Leader
Application: Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter & application form outlining your suitability and interest for the position along with your up to date CV to HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 30th May 2018. Informal enquiries to Adrienne Hayes or Helen Hogan in HR on 056 772 2170. Following interview, successful applicants will be placed on a panel.
The role of the Team Leader is to provide holistic, person-centred care, promoting optimum independence, enhancing the quality of life for the people we support with intellectual, physical or sensory disability in all aspects of daily living.
Reporting to the Line Manager, the Team Leader is leader of a team of social care workers, nurses and care assistant staff. This position will assume Person in Charge (PIC) function. The Team Leader is a key driver and champion of supporting people to live self-determined lives and in the course of this he/she is a central communicator with all stakeholders including families, multi-disciplinary teams, psychologist, senior management, community, employers and others. The position holder will be expected to lead the house on a day to day basis, and in consultation with their line manager, when key decisions are being made.
The person appointed to the post should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team. He/she will be required to take an active part in ensuring that day-to-day operations of the Services reflect the ethos and vision of the St. Patrick’s Centre, and that the needs of the people we support are being met through professional work practices.
- Qualification in Social Care Level 7
- Qualification in Applied Social Care Studies Level 7
- Qualification in Applied Social Studies/Social Care Level 7
- Nursing Qualification – in Intellectual Disability, Psychiatric, General, or Children’s
- A suitable Management Qualification - essential or willing to undergo training
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
- 3+ years management experience – essential
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and leading others
- Experience working and supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience of working with persons with behaviours that challenge
- Relevant experience in providing care in a community setting
- Very strong report writing skills
- Experience of working in a senior management role in health care or other care area relevant to the role
- Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as relevant to this role
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Planning & organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Full clean drivers licence plus business insurance
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Premium shift rates
- Work-life balance
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
This role will evolve as professional, structural and individual’s demands change and the post holder will be expected to demonstrate flexibility to facilitate this.
We do not accept third party applications, please apply directly.
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.