THE BESSBOROUGH CENTRE
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (FAMILY TREATMENT AND ASSESSMENT SERVICES)
Location: The Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork
Reporting to: Community Services Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with children in need and their families in the community in order to assess and develop the potential of parents and children to remain safely united and prevent children coming into care.
- Supporting the care of children where their living arrangements are at high risk of breakdown.
- Delivering a high standard of access supervision and facilitation, employing maximum monitoring techniques and minimal intrusiveness.
- Supporting the reunification of children with their family in the community.
- Assessing and promoting the parenting skills of parents and children’s development and identifying areas of concern which need to be addressed.
- Implementing both an intensive service to families in crisis and planned interventions as part of agreed plans for children and their carers.
- Delivering compassionate and flexible service in line with Bessborough Centre mission and ethos that meets the needs of families in crisis.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND TWO CVS AND COVER LETTERS TO
THE HR DEPARTMENT, THE BESSBOROUGH CENTRE, BLACKROCK, CORK
BY 5PM THURSDAY 31st MAY 2018