Relief (Locum) Support Worker
Reference No: LSWSTPMW0518
Location: St. Patrick’s Hostel, Limerick
Hours: Hours, duration of shifts and days of work to vary based on needs of the roster in each service
Published: 15th May 2018
Closing Date: 4pm 29th May 2018
The purpose of the post is to assist the Service to provide safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men. To provide cover for the staff team, providing an efficient and high quality service to the clients.
The ideal candidates will possess the following;
- A good standard of education is essential for this position.
- BA in Social Care/NFQ Level 7 or higher is desirable for this position.
- FETAC Level 5 healthcare qualification or training in healthcare would be a distinct advantage.
- To have an understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Homelessness.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- At least one year experience of working in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context.
- Experience on a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage.
- Active listening skills.
- To respond in a warm and compassionate manner while retaining professional boundaries.
- Non-judgemental attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please go to our website https://www.svp.ie/careers for details on how to apply.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer