S.O.S. KILKENNY CLG. – Role in Cahir
Do you want to become part of a growing support team in Tipperary that will empower, understand and support a person with Autism to live a good life. Doing ordinary things in ordinary places, while experiencing the value and richness that this brings to us all.
Job Title: Support Worker - for Adults with ASD and ID
Job Location(s): Cahir, Tipperary
Reporting To: Aspect Manager
Contract Type: 1 year fixed term – 20 Hours weekly - Mostly daytime hours, occasional evening work may be involved in this role
Salary: Linked to HSE Instructor Grade
Education & Training:
- Minimum of FETAC LEVEL 7: Degree in Social Care/Applied Social Studies / Psychology / Education or other relevant qualification at degree level.
- Working with individuals with intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder is essential.
- Experience in delivering positive behaviour support and low arousal approaches in a person centred environment.
Competencies and Values:
- Human Rights Based Approach.
- Knowledge of Low Arousal Philosophy & Practice.
- Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
- Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
- Planning and Organising.
- Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
- A Full Clean Driving Licence is essential.
Interested applicants can email an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th of April 2018.
Informal enquiries can be made to Lisa Wilkin Butler or Margaret Larkin. 056 7764000
Interviews will be held in Cahir, Co. Tipperary