Assistant Community Employment (CE) Supervisor
The Saint Vincent de Paul Community Employment Scheme has a vacancy for an Assistant Supervisor.
Job Reference: JOB-2066356
Location: SVP House, 91/92 Sean MacDermott Street, Dublin 1
Reporting to: Community Employment Supervisor
Contract type: Full-Time 1-year Fixed Term Contract (contract renewable depending on DSP funding)
Hours: 39 per week
Rate of Pay: DEASP Assistant CE Supervisor Rates
Closing Date: 5pm, Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Summary of Role:
- To assist in ensuring the effective and efficient administration and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the project.
- Assist with the Individual Learner Plan (ILP) for participants and in sourcing cost effective training and development opportunities to meet the needs identified of each participant working on the project.
- Assist in the maintenance and provision of all recording/tracking systems as may be required by the Supervisor, the Sponsor and/or DEASP, e.g. attendance and absence records, exit planning, follow-up and progression.
- Previous administration and accounts experience is required, with problem solving and resolution skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A Major Award at Level 6 (3rd Level) or higher in Business Administration, Human Resources or related disciplines
- 2+ years’ experience providing varied administration support in an office environment
- A minimum of 1 year's work experience in a similar supervisory role is essential.
- Strong people management skills gained through previous work experience.
- Experience within the community / voluntary sector is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role and the CE scheme.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work well under pressure, resilient.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Payroll.
- An ability to display empathy, patience and maintain confidentiality
A full job description is available on request
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the above criteria should submit a letter of application and an up to date CV by email to email@example.com or by post to James Morton, CE Supervisor, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, SVP House, 91/92 Sean MacDermott Street, Dublin 1 on or before 5pm on Tuesday 3rd April 2018. A full job description is available on request to James Morton or on the SVP website at http://www.svp.ie/JOB-2066356
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP CE Scheme ltd is an equal opportunities employer.