Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment service providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland since 1973. We now have a vacancy for a Communications Officer based at our Head Office in Ringwood Centre, Damastown, Dublin 15. This is a part time role – 3 days per week.
- Oversee and keep current Coolmine’s external communications interface- specifically company website, facebook, linkedin and Twitter.
- Deliver a positive social media presence for Coolmine that provides a platform for the organisation to promote its work, make services more accessible to those in need and expresses company opinion on relevant subject matter.
- Draft and oversee delivery of high quality organisational publications ranging from annual reports, events and service based promotional materials.
- Oversee Coolmine’s client engagement in public relations activities to ensure client(s) have consented for said participation, anonymity is upheld where appropriate and clients are treated with dignity and respect.
- Develop, lead and co-ordinate delivery of Coolmine annual events schedule to ensure maximum profile of the organisation’s work.
- Develop relationships and engage with key supporters.
- Oversee delivery of Coolmine’s community based fundraising activity including ensuring that all donations are appropriately managed, processed and acknowledged.
- Support submission of funding applications to relevant community, corporate and philanthropic grant providers.
- Minimum of relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Two to three years experience working in a similar role.
- Has experience and understands the importance of working as part of a team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has excellent communication and listening skills and can present information in a way that is not over simplistic or complicated, while communicating all relevant organization business to all stakeholders.
- High level of administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and working to deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this role.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms with congruence, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach.
- Excellent oral and written skills with effective letter and report writing ability, maintaining accurate reports, files and paperwork.
- In depth knowledge and experience on how to maximize benefits of social media for Coolmine.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV to John Carroll, Head of HR at email@example.com on or before 12noon 26th March 2018.