Southside Partnership DLR CLG is a local development company working towards an inclusive and just society, where each person is encouraged and enabled to reach their full potential and live with dignity in active, healthy and safe communities. We provide a comprehensive range of supports and services to people and communities throughout Dun Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR). We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Programme Officer: Performance Monitoring
The Programme Officer: Performance Monitoring will join our team implementing the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP). He / She will facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the information management system for the SICAP programme. They will ensure that programme requirements in relation to information collection and processing are met by the SICAP team. He/she will also provide support to the team on the relevant procedures and oversee the quality of information on Southside Partnership’s database systems.
This is a full-time position, based in our Blackrock office, with a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is for five years to December 2022 and is renewable subject to the availability of funding.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of information management needs and solutions;
- Consult and advise on the development of information management procedures to meet our team’s needs;
- Maintain and update, when necessary, data collection tools and guidelines and where necessary develop new tools and guidelines;
- Assist and train staff on procedures and processes for collecting and maintaining information up-to-date and in line with SICAP programme requirements;
- Input information into IRIS and into the Partnership’s CRM system;
- Produce and analyse reports from these database systems;
- Make enhancements to Partnership’s systems, procedures and processes, as necessary;
- Assist with administrative duties related to the post;
- Ensure information collected meets quality requirements;
- Ensure the information management system is in line with data protection regulations;
- Ensure Southside Partnership is kept up-to-date with SICAP programme requirements;
- Any other duties relevant to the role that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- A third-level qualification to at least primary degree level;
- Proven experience in a similar role;
- Experience in conducting research and in data collection methods;
- Knowledge and experience of working with CRM systems;
- Computer proficiency;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have direct personal knowledge of the community and voluntary sector and/or have a positive track record of working collaboratively in community settings. This includes placing a high value on community perspectives, and understanding community issues. They will also have a commitment to social exclusion and a desire to see communities develop to their full potential.
Additionally they will
- Understand the challenges of managing information in a community development setting and ability to adapt systems to reflect this reality;
- Have an ability to gain people’s trust and to understand/appreciate diverse groups;
- Have strong organisational skills and be detail orientated;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and network with all levels within and outside the organisation;
- Demonstrate initiative, diplomacy, problem solving and analytical skills necessary for spotting and implementing change;
- Demonstrate excellent MS Office skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to handle multiple priorities as well as ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality;
- Be a team player;
- Have an ability to take initiative and demonstrate good time management skills.
To apply, please send a letter of application, outlining why you believe you are suitable for this role, together with your CV (no more than 2 pages) and details of your referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.
Applications marked ‘Programme Officer: Performance Monitoring’ should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Wednesday, 28th February 2018.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email email@example.com
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 12th March 2018, with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Please note that:
- Southside Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- No late applications will be accepted and canvassing will lead to disqualification
- Any offer will be subject to satisfactory references and Garda vetting
- Applicants should have their own transport