Job Title: Case Worker (Specified Purpose Contract)
Responsible to: Head of Day Services
Responsible for: Contributing to the day to day operation of the service and ensuring that it runs smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
Reports to: Crisis and Case Management Coordinator/Crisis and Case Management Lead.
Objective: To work directly with clients as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment while assisting clients with their needs through a care-planning and case-management approach.
- Achieving outcomes for clients within a low threshold environment, by undertaking interventions within the framework of a care plan, using a case management approach in partnership with the client, other disciplines and agencies.
- To engage with and build quality, professional relationships with clients, treating them with dignity and respect and ensuring that the values of MQI are upheld. Positively engaging with clients in a sensitive, non-judgemental and respectful manner.
- Providing advice, referral and support to clients in accessing appropriate and specialist services for accommodation, welfare, treatment, legal, health and mental health.
- Assessing the needs of clients referred to the intensive contacts and case management service and ensuring these needs are responded to effectively using a care planning approach.
- Maximizing client agency by ensuring that their goals are central to all care plan objectives. Arranging regular one to one meetings with clients, creating and reviewing care plans, setting, closing and revising goals where appropriate.
- Using relevant IT systems such as PASS, Salesforce, Outlook, Word and Excel to ensure required client information and records of interventions are kept. To provide regular reporting on outcomes for all allocated cases.
- Advocacy work on behalf of clients with statutory and voluntary agencies, highlighting gaps and blocks to client progression.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with key internal (eg. Residential, Open Access Services, Crisis and Case management services) and external partners (eg. DSP/DHRE /Probation/HSE/Access Team/Statutory and Housing providers and Housing First team) and stakeholders of the MQI Intensive contacts service, creating pathways for referrals and inter-agency working.
- Undertake any other roles as assigned within the Open Access Service to ensure that all client services run smoothly and to a high standard in line with the policies and procedures of MQI.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings, case conferences, case reviews and any other internal and external client meetings, representing Merchants Quay appropriately. Attending/accompanying clients to relevant meetings and appointments as required and subject to risk assessment.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
- Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with CE Participants and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are working/volunteering in the service
- Participate in regular supervision.
- Reporting to the Crisis and Case Management Lead and Coordinator for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Quads, HR and H&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
- Health and Safety
- Needs assessment, key working, care planning
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Undertake any other projects and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- A minimum FETAC Level 7 Qualification in Social Care or a related field.
- At least 12 months’ full time experience or part time equivalent working in a similar low threshold environment.
- Experience of case management work within a low threshold service.
- An understanding of the issues relating to homelessness, mental health, and substance misuse.
- Experience of working with clients with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of homeless specific databases, report and letter writing.
- Experience working in a role where a harm reduction/client centred approach was adopted is a distinct advantage.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to email@example.com with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Friday 23rd February, 2018 Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Case Worker, Specified Purpose Contract’. Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
The working hours for this role are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday and the salary scale is between €30,360 - €37,800.
Additional benefits include:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme