Job Title: Kitchen Porter (Relief)
Location: St. Joseph’s House, Brewery Road, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
Salary: €10.50 per hour
Contract duration: As required
Summary: To cover upcoming annual leave and sick leave as it occurs
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provision of Catering services in St. Joseph’s House as follows;
- Prepare meals and oversee delivery of food to residents from the kitchen as directed by the Chef
- Responsible for setting up the dining room for daily meals
- Ensuring the dining room is cleaned appropriately after each meal and waste is dealt appropriately.
- Observe/report any concerns regarding residents at meal time to Chef / Care Supervisor
- Report any damage equipment/furniture in the kitchen and dining room to the Chef / Maintenance
- Ensure all residents have access to food at any point in through the day or night if required or requested
- Ensure water and fruit is available for residents throughout the day
- Participate in the cleaning and washing up of the kitchen and equipment.
- Maintain high personal hygiene standards
- Comply with all policies and procedures relevant to the job role including those that incorporate health and safety, HACCP, infection control and waste disposal
- Keep up to date with training courses both in-house and at other locations to meet and enhance the service being provided by St Joseph’s House for Adult Deaf and Deafblind
- Adhere to the code of dress at all times
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality. To this end you will not discuss workings of St Joseph’s House for Adult Deaf and Deafblind or its residents with people outside St Joseph’s House for Adult Deaf and Deafblind without the express permission of the Chef
- HACCP Training
- FETAC Level 3 – Sign Language
- Nutritional qualification
- FETAC Level 4 – Sign Language
- Previous experience in Catering in a Health and Social Care setting
- Knowledge of Residential Care legislation including HIQA’s National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, HACCP principles, and others as applicable
- Understand health and safety policy, with special emphasis on the kitchen and food hygiene
- Caring and helpful attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by Monday 26 February 2018.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP may be subject to Garda Vetting.
HR Coordinator, CIDP