Job Title: Social Care Leader (full time 37.5 hours per week)
Location: St Mary’s Boarding Campus
Contract duration: Two year fixed term contract
Description of Post.
St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus provides a range of specialised services to young Deaf people who attend the schools that share the same campus. We seek to offer a homely environment for all boarders with an emphasis on facilitating their personal development to achieve their full potential whilst involved in education. We seek to achieve a reputation for innovation and a strong commitment to high standards in terms of our practice. The needs of our boarders are our highest priority and guide us in our work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key duties and responsibilities:
- Implement operational plans as determined by Management
- Undertake reflective practice with staff
- Ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures, national legislation, Children First, HIQA/TUSLA and other applicable standards
- Assist in the investigation of complaints and incidents of concern
- Undertaking the creation of personal care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Facilitate the development of boarders life skills, education and personal goals
- Work with a range of other service providers working with the boarders
- Engage with parents/carers of boarders
- Any other duties that are deemed to be appropriate by Management to facilitate the effective operation of the Boarding Unit
- Commitment to continuous training
- Minimum Level 8 Degree in Social Care, Community Care, Clinical Psychology, Applied Social Studies or Intellectual Disability Nursing.
- QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 4 in Irish Sign Language (highly desirable)
- Experience of working effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide services to young people either in the community or within a residential setting
- Experience of working in a boarding/residential care setting
- Experience of providing of receiving reflective supervision to facilitate professional development
- Experience of HIQA/TUSLA or equivalent audit processes
- Experience of managing people and setting clear objectives
- Leadership potential
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Be reliable
- Ability to use your own initiative
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by Friday 23 February 2018.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP are subject to Garda Vetting.