Advocacy Administrator Position
One Year Contract
One in Four, Dublin
Post Title: Advocacy Administrator
1 year contract
8 hours per week (Thursday or Friday)
Reports to: Advocacy Director
The Advocacy Programme provides practical support and information to a person based on their individual need(s). This includes sourcing and providing information and facilitating safe, effective contact with other agencies and services where necessary.
Our Advocacy Programme seeks to empower our clients to decide what steps to take. Our role is to determine and discuss the options, to support the individual to act for them and where appropriate, to facilitate any further action.
The Administrator will assist the Advocacy Team in delivering all aspects of the Advocacy programme of One in Four Ireland.
- Collection and collation of information for the Advocacy Programme.
- Co-ordinate and collate information and generate reports from data on periodic basis as agreed.
- Administrative support for training delivered by One in Four.
- Provide administrative support to the Advocacy Director.
- Manage the Advocacy Director’s Diary and travel.
- Other such responsibilities as determined by the Advocacy Director and/or Director of One in Four.
- Ensure audit compliance with data protection and other policies as required.
The Advocacy Administrator reports to the Advocacy Director
The successful candidate will have:-
- Administration experience and in the field of social care, law or social policy.
- Proficiency in MS office systems a must.
- Excellent computer/information technology skills (the ability to assist different departments with IT queries).
- Empathy with and commitment to One in Four’s ethos and vision statement.
- Ability to demonstrate creative judgement and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to on-going professional development.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong inter-personal skills in relation to internal and external contacts.
- Resilience and capacity for hard work.
Particular Terms of Agreement
- Attendance at Line Management meeting with Advocacy Director.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of One in Four.
- Participate in an Annual Review.
- Attend Staff Meetings in-house or/and external training days.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 2nd March 2018
If interested, please forward an up to date C.V. with cover letter by email for the attention of Margaret to: - firstname.lastname@example.org