Inishbofin Community Services Programme invites applications for the following position,
Tourism & Marketing Officer
Temporary position from March 2018 to June 8th 2018
39 hours weekly.
Community Tourism and Marketing Officer
Reports To: Manager, Community Services Programme Co. Ltd.
Inishbofin is steeped in history, archaeology, ornithology, art, crafts, music and song and many events could be held on and off the island which would help boost tourism which by default helps the local community who can also participate/gain from these events.
The position represents an opportunity to bring creativity, organisational flair and a degree of professionalism to the event management and marketing activities of the island ensuring events and published materials enhance Inishbofin’s reputation as a tourist destination.
You are expected to be enthusiastic and sympathetic with an approachable manner, focused and self-motivated person with the ability to handle all problems/enquiries with tact, diplomacy, patience, firmness of purpose and clarity of thought.
The Tourism and Marketing Officer shall submit reports to the CSP Manager detailing the activities organised and plans for the future. (Liaise between CSP and relevant committees, e.g. Food & Tourism)(Weekly reports)
If and when the need arises, the Tourism and Marketing Officer shall be available to help out in other areas (Tourism & new committees) as necessary and required by CSP Manager.
- The Tourism and Marketing Officer has responsibility for the organisation, planning, implementation and professional delivery of Inishbofin’s programme of major and minor events, and to ensure that all events are professionally managed, activities scheduled, necessary records kept and informing the community of events, as directed by the Manager
- Responsible for event organisation including budgeting, logistics, marketing, hospitality, travel, and programme design for the aim of promoting island tourism and community activity participation. (Consideration of Health and Safety Issues is essential).
- Responsible for the organisation of the annual Arts Festival and reviving other island traditions and developing and implementing new activities.
- Expected to implement the recommendations of the Tourism Development Plan for Inishbofin, to carry out a survey of the tourism sector.
- Responsible for the marketing of the island and its tourism related activities. (Contribute to updating the public via Social Media).
- Participate in continued existing initiatives in relation to tourism/marketing/arts (and sport) also to look at introducing and developing new initiatives.
- Continue to progress under the existing projects on the island that work in this area to help promote participation.
- Develop new and imaginative grant & fundraising proposals and applications (with the CSP Manager).
- To undertake duties outside of normal hours as determined by the scope of the post.
- Other duties as appropriate and assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Good working knowledge of operation procedures for events.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to deal with internal and external agencies.
- Understanding and control of budget and financial allocation and able to keep detailed event records.
- Time management skills including the ability to work to deadlines.
- Able to work without supervision and schedule own workload as well as ability to work as part of a team.
- Marketing & Fundraising strategies, abilities and resourcefulness.
- Flexible with people & organisational skills.
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet).
- Confident problem solver.
- Ability to Identify and build upon potential government, corporate, foundation and private sector funding sources.
- Maintain and update website(, also develop Social Media)
Interested candidates should email a cover letter & CV to the email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 27th February, 2018
(Late applicants shall not be accepted)
Short listing of applicants shall apply.
Canvassing will disqualify.